The book Debt by Design explains in simple terms how our monetary system really works.
Quotes from the Bank of England, the IMF, the Federal Reserve System and the Reserve Bank of Australia are provided, with explanations that will have you understanding monetary concepts within minutes. Topics that are covered include:
- How commercial banks create money.
- How central banking works.
- How quantitative easing works.
- What monetary policy really means.
- How the link between currency and gold was broken.
- How fractional reserve banking used to work.
- The Basel Accords.
- The Fair Money solution.
- And lots more …